Yesterday Google said it was launching a new Google+ Dashboard to help Google+ business users get more out of the Google + service. The fact that it connects with other Google products (i.e., Maps and Search) and is a way for businesses to update their information across Google will be the thing that drives adoption.
Frederic Lardinois at Tech Crunch says that “Google
Google’s Pavni Diwanji notes in yesterday’s announcement, that the idea here is to “make it easier to manage your online presence – all across Google.”
Along with users being able to access and manage multiple Google products and properties from one location, a new Google Plus dashboard helps businesses monitor their Google notifications and alerts, and make standard Google+ actions to manage their account.
According to Google the new dashboard will enable the following:
- The ability to update your info (like website URLs, store hours and phone numbers) across Maps, Search and Google+ – all from the Overview tab.
- One place to monitor your Google+ notifications, assign page managers, share photos and videos – even start a Hangout with followers.
- At-a-glance access to AdWords Express and Offers campaigns.
- Insights that include top searches for their business, top locations requesting driving directions, and performance data for their Google+ posts.
- There’s a new dashboard icon in the upper left of the screen that gives page owners access to the new update and reporting features.
Frederic Lardinois at Tech Crunch also says that “The dashboard may be one of the fruits of Google’s acquisition of Wildfire almost a year ago, one of the top Facebook Page management tools. Wildfire specialized in helping businesses communicate with customers and track their performance, much the way the G+ Dashboard now does. (Update: Google tells us this new feature was developed by the Google+ team and doesn’t use any Wildfire technology.)”
Here are some example screenshots from the new Google + Dashboard: