Is Your Business Optimized for Digital Success this Holiday Season?
There have been many interesting studies done recently on consumer buying behaviors as it relates to holiday shopping.
Here are some of the most impactful findings of those studies:
The NRF released the latest results from its 2013 Holiday Consumer Spending Survey with important findings for retailers:
41.2% of Americans say they will begin holiday shopping before Halloween.
- Specifically, 12.4 percent say they started before September, 8.2 percent began in September, and 20.6 percent will begin in October.
- More than one-third (38.8%) will begin in November and 16.0 percent plan to start shopping in the first two weeks of December.
- Almost four percent (3.9%) will wait until last minute and shop in the last two weeks of the month.
Additionally, they’ve released information regarding how retailers are preparing for their digital investments this holiday season:
- More than half (57.4%) have invested in optimizing their mobile websites
- Nearly four in 10 (38.3%) have invested heavily in the smartphone user experience
- One-quarter (25.5%) say they invested in mobile commerce apps for smartphones
- 44.7 percent will use smartphone paid search campaigns
- Two in five (21.3%) will use SMS campaigns
- 17.0 percent will use QR codes or other barcode scanning promotions.
Lastly, they also asked online retailers about their budgets for online holiday marketing and promotions.
According to the survey:
- 68.8 percent of online retailers say that at least 20 percent of their total 2013 online marketing budget goes towards holiday marketing
- Two-thirds (66.6%) say that at least 20 percent of their total online promotions budget goes towards holiday promotions
How Does This Information Impact Your Business?
- Arm yourself with this information as you are gearing up and planning your digital marketing strategy and plans for the holiday season.
- Amplified Digital offers digital marketing solutions that can answer the needs of staying ahead of consumer behaviors listed above (Mobile websites, mobile advertising campaigns, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, QR Codes and text messaging).
- Know what your competitors are doing in the digital landscape.
- If you are uneasy moving in that direction, we offer marketing consultations to help educate you on the proper methods to reach your target audiences, and will help you make informed marketing decisions.
If you would like to request a marketing consultation, please
Source: www.ProsperDiscovery.com survey for shop.org; and nrf.com